Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

So on FB we're doing a thing called "30 Days of Thankfulness". Except I'm doing it with people as well as things. I wanted to journal it so I will remember what I put this year and my reasons why. I started a little late, but better late than never!

Friday 11/4/2011
Ok so I realize I'm joining in a little late but my mom always told me better late than never lol. However, I'm taking a page out of Vanessa Marsiglia's book and doing people I'm thankful for. Order doesn't matter so don't take it personally lol. Today I'm thankful for my parents. Being an adopted child, they never once said they regretted adopting me when I was acting out. They always gave me love and it was truly unconditional. They've been married over 40 years and are incredibly strong in their walk with God. ♥

Saturday 11/5/2011
Today I'm thankful for my biological mother Sherry Craig. She chose to give me life before I was even born, and then gave me what she couldn't by giving me to my parents. She made a hard decision out of love. I no longer view her as a victim, she is a SURVIVOR. Never judgmental and always forgiving. ♥

Sunday 11/6/2011
Today I'm thankful for my husband Shaun Watson - we met October 2003 and were married Dec 17, 2003. We've shared a lot of laughter, tears, heartache, dreams and goals. He's one of the most understanding and supportive men I've met. As cheesy as it is, this man is my other half. We've been through a lot, and come out on top. I thank God everyday that He has blessed me with being married to Shaun.

Monday 11/7/2011
Today I'm thankful for my daughters. They are complete opposites and that makes it fun (and interesting). Tia is our smartie-pants who loves reading and being read to, her DS, music, and is obsessed with wrestling. Our little brown haired, brown eyed beauty. Maddy is our blonde haired, blue eyed girly girl who is in love with all things pink, baby dolls, movies, music and Barbies. She idolizes her sister which is hilarious because they're so different. They (as well as angel baby Gabby) are my life and I wouldn't have it any other way, including the bad times. My kids are healthy and I am blessed. ♥

Tuesday, 11/8/2011
Today I'm thankful for my brother Aaron Miner and my sister-in-law Jill Miner. My brother and I have always been close, and I feel honored he married a woman as great as Jill. Aaron is one of the hardest workers I know and he would do just about anything for his family. Jill is one of the strongest women I know - facing every problem with a positive attitude, no matter how difficult it is. They have blessed me with my two neices and one nephew, who I love as much as my own children. Even if they don't agree with me, they support me 100%. ♥

Wednesday, 11/9/2011
Today I'm thankful for Jodie Lyn Brandt. We've been friends since 2nd grade and have gone through a lot of ups and downs together. She's always had my back, even though I'm sure she doesn't always agree with some of the choices I've made, she makes sure to tell me she supports me 100% nevertheless. She blessed me with the ability to have her kids in my life, and gave me the great honor of naming me the godmother of her youngest boy, Ethan. She's brutally honest but always ready with a hug, especially when I need it most. She isn't fake, and is always real.

Thursday, 11/10/2011
Today I'm thankful for Vanessa Marsiglia. We've been friends for quite a while and I ♥ this girl to death! She's an amazing cook, and one of the most creative people I know. Always ready with a kind word, and some great advice. She's funny, and sensitive. Family is her 1st priority and she lives for her husband and kids. I'm also thankful for Matthew Marsiglia. He's an all-around great guy. He's my "brother from another mother" lol. We feel honored that they are Godparents to our girls. We love being part of their lives and having them in ours! ♥

Friday, 11/11/2011
Today I'm thankful for my in-laws Joan Rewa Crissey and her hubby Ron. They're some of the most accepting people I know. Joan faces her daily struggle with MS with a smile on her face. Ron is one of the funniest, quirkiest people I've ever met, and they both are a joy to be around. Most people "dread" seeing their in-laws, I look forward to it. Joan is a Navy Veteran. I ♥ them. I'm also thankful for all of our service men and women, and our Veterans. Thank you all for keeping our country and families safe so that we can continue to live in a country where we're free. Happy Veteran's Day!

Saturday, 11/12/2011
Today I'm thankful for Michele R Cole. When we first met, we had an instant connection. She's an inspiration to me in a lot of different ways, and a blast to hang out with. ♥

Sunday, 11/13/2011
Today I'm thankful that we live in a country where I can go worship at my church and worship God without persecution. I'm free to say I believe in God. And I am blessed.

Monday, 11/14/2011
Today I'm thankful for Robin Jones Gunn. She's a Christian author and a true woman of God. She's written many books but my favorites are still, to this day, the Christy Miller series. They helped me through a lot of bad and good times and helped answer some common questions I had/have, especially when I was a new believer. I have used the same books to witness to my friend, and she loves them as well. If I could meet anyone, I think it would probably be her.

Tuesday, 11/15/2011
Today I'm thankful for my neices and nephew Brianna Hendee, Cyrus Miner and Jillissa Miner. They are so different from each other in such wonderful ways, but the one common factor is that they bring such joy to our lives. ♥ them very much!

Wednesday, 11/16/2011
Today I'm thankful for my health. I certainly do have my medical issues, but I'm blessed that nothing is extrememly major, especially in a world where so many have some many issues and no where to turn, and where a lot can't even afford to get something as simple as shots.

Thursday, 11/17/2011
Today I'm thankful for my MOPS group. I have had an opportunity ot meet and hang out with some of the coolest women. it's fun to share stories and laugh together, and they challenge me in my relationship with Christ.

Friday, 11/18/2011
Today I’m thankful for my senses. I love the fact that I can do all of the things my senses were created for.

Saturday, 11/19/2011
I’m thankful for the ability to cross-stitch. Sherry Craig taught me how and although I get bored sometimes with one I’m working on, or frustrated if it gets difficult, I love seeing the end result. I love making them for other people, or keeping for myself. I love seeing something I created light up someone’s face, even if it was something simple.

Sunday, 11/20/2011
Today I’m thankful for our home. It’s small, and probably not what people would consider their “dream home” (it isn’t our “dream home” either), but the fact is that we have so many homeless people and families out there who don’t have a place to call home. They say “Home is where the heart is”, and they’re right. I’m thankful that my family and I have a warm place to sleep with a roof over our heads, and where we can make lots of memories together. We’re blessed. ♥

Monday, 11/21/2011
Today I’m thankful for music. It’s amazing how words put to a tune can influence the way we feel, put our feelings into words, praise our God, or help us deal with stress(es) and sadness.

Tuesday, 11/22/2011
I’m thankful for art (this includes photography). I love looking at the beautiful things people can make. One of my favorite artists is a young prodigy by the name of Akiane Kramarik. Go see her website if you want to know what I mean!

Wednesday, 11/23/2011
Today I’m thankful for medicine. We take for granted that we can go and grab something off the shelf to help us feel better, when there are so many families all over the world that can’t afford their medicine.

Thursday, 11/24/2011
Today I’m thankful to be able to spend the day with my amazing family. Eating too much, watching the Lions (hopefully they win since they’re doing well this year), and just spending time together. Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone!

Friday, 11/25/2011
Today I’m thankful for today – the day after Thanksgiving. I got the chance to hang out and relax with my family, and the girls and I got up the Christmas decorations. LML ♥

Saturday, 11/26/2011
Today I’m thankful that my awesome FIL is here until tomorrow so we can spend time with him. ♥

Sunday, 11/27/2011
Today I’m thankful for our church, The Chapel, and our pastor, Pastor Rick Hawks. He’s a great man and it’s a great church. I love that I always feel so welcome there, and don’t feel like anyone is judging me. Pastor Hawks also has a knack for making it so everyone can understand the message he’s trying to get across. I feel very blessed that we are able to go and worship in such an amazing place with such great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment