Saturday, November 5, 2011

What can ya do?

So my best friend is having a really tough time in her marriage right now. I wish there was something I could do, and it's always hard for me to sit back and just watch her be miserable. It's also easy for me to sit here and think of all the things I could advise her to do or to say, but I'm not in the situation so what I think could be the exact wrong thing for her to say. I know I can't save everyone, but she's been my best friend for a long time and I consider her family. I don't like it when my family is hurt and she has been hurt over and over again. I guess it's selfish, but I just want her to feel better. I wonder if that's how people felt about me when I was dealing with the loss of my baby? It's awkward because you don't really know what to say, but in reality, sometimes not saying anything is exactly what the other person needs! They just need for you to say "I'm here for you" and let them let it all out without you throwing in your thoughts every two seconds. But I guess other than tell her that, I can do something else that may be more powerful: I can pray for her. God can work miracles. He can bring peace. I will pray that she finds peace and strength no matter what her next move is. She knows where I am. And I have peace knowing that will never change. I would leave if she asked me to, but not without a fight. I'll be here through the good times as well as the bad, and probably even longer than that. I love my sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment